Thursday, February 08, 2007

The great wall of Jericho


Yesterday night, i finally attempt the "wall"


i had my helmet, my long 4, my S.B.O ( Skeleton battle Order), my 2 full water bottles, my M16 without rounds and magazine,all suit up for the event, and as i await at the starting line. i am all alone, the gust of wind into my face, i take a deep breath, the stopclock started, i start to run the short yet breath taking 150m distance b4 i meet with the first obstacle, the WALL! i reckon the WALL to some is the most difficult of all obstacle in the S.O.C (Simple/Standard Obstacle Course). But particularly for me, I use to hate the jacobs ladder.... cos i am afriad of heights.... thats right.. i am afriad of heights... i have the fear of even standing up cos 188cm is too much the height for me to take. ahahahah.... BUT the issue now is the WALL! its the first obstacle to a long long long course one has to take in life, if u dun make it past this wall, no need to try to clear the rest of the obstacles.. aahhaaah...as i continue running down the 150m route... i see the destination behind the walls and the other obstacles ahead..... i prayed to GOd for wisedom and power, energy and the encourage to plunge the wall, die die also must cross the WALL...as the wall approaches.....20m.....18m.......15.....14....7.....5....4...3...2....1m...... i took off, jumping with all my might.....hoping to get 2 hands on the top of the wall and swing my leg across and jump over the wall.... darn.... i forgot....i sprained my leg! haahaha.... how to jump.... how to even run the 150m, ahahahah... ironic.....hahahahha....so to no ones surprise... i KAN BEAH!! kaoz... that hurts ..... right into the heart of the wall.....lucky got helmet protect, or else will die i guess! Angry liao... BLood boil liao.... the Wall only infront but cannot cross......ANGRRY!!! hahahah

So God told me, dun be depress that the u did not cross the wall, come back when your ankle recovers..... try again, the obstacles behind the wall is tougher.... if you give up now..... you will not know what lays behind the WALL..... but i was thinking... can i dance around the wall with trumpets and blow it until the wall crumbles? like the ones in Jericho? ahhahahaah


Cheers


PS: my best record for SOC during BMT was 7min 59s .... Faster then all the sergant in the company....hahhahhahaha..... Sispec i half way out of course.... OOC... ahaahha...other trainee run SOC... i use my CHANGKOL soften the obstacle SAND! hahhahaah...

1 comment:

Tank23 said...

SBO hor ....FYI is your --> helmet, webbing (including H2O pouch & rifle) !!! dun tell pple u from where during BMT hor. damn pai sey (ur BMT sgt shld be pai sey)

Will i go to heaven when i die?

Will i go to heaven when i die?